There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t laugh at this f ucking picture
oh my fucking...
under the cut: a sad rant about the day of the doctor. if you know me you probably knew this was coming.
(please, friends, if you loved it, don’t...
With content provided by suivre-le-vent and
- Stereotypes women using sweeping generalizations such as “Women are needy” and believes that “There’s a huge, unfortunate, lack of respect for anything male”
- Thinks asexuality is boring and the Irene Adler in the original story was un-feminist
- “You have to hand it to the Doctor for dumping a slightly needy girlfriend by palming her off on a copy of himself. He tried leaving her in a parallel universe, and that didn’t work.”
- “And I thought, ‘well she’s really good. It’s just a shame she’s so wee and dumpy…When she was about to come through to the auditions I nipped out for a minute and I saw Karen walking on the corridor towards me and I realized she was 5’11, slim and gorgeous and I thought ‘Oh, oh that’ll probably work’.” - Doctor Who Confidential, All About the Girl
- “And there’s a moment with two Amy Ponds in it. If you’re a red-blooded male surely that’s enough! You’ve got Amy Pond flirting with herself.”
- Regarding bisexual representation “We don’t acknowledge you on television cos you’re having FAR TOO MUCH FUN. You probably don’t even watch cos you’re so BUSY!!”
- Told a dyslexic follower to run their tweets through spell checker, never apologized
Steven Moffat on the TARDIS.
so the fact that it’s alive
and has a heart
and was grown not built
and everything that was established in the doctor’s wife is sort of
not at all valid??
so you want me to believe it’s literally just a vehicle for getting from A to B
I put it out there fairly often that I’m not Steven Moffat’s biggest fan, especially when it comes to his portrayal of women on Doctor Who. And this topic usually comes up on my blog every couple of weeks, so instead of having to repeat myself over and over explaining why, I’e decided to write down all the reasons why I’m not his biggest fan into a sort of big, essay-ish thing. Bearing in mind that I’ve always been a maths nerd and not a writer, here we go.